If you live in a home in Hamilton County, Indiana (including Noblesville, Fishers, Carmel, and its surrounding areas), you may find yourself with a lot of yard debris during the year. Trees, bushes, and shrubs needs to be trimmed often, and sometimes it’s easy to get carried away with the cutting…but not so easy to fit everything in your trash can later. We’ve all been there!
When your yard debris pile gets too big for you to just get rid of yourself, it’s time to call in help. There are a few options if you’re looking to get rid of your yard debris – and you may not even have to leave your backyard.
Gauge the Size
Depending on how large your pile is, one of your most cost-effective options is using a pickup truck or trailer to load everything up and haul the debris to a local green waste recycling center. There are sites in Noblesville like Tiffany’s Lawn & Garden Supply which will take tree trimmings and bushes for a small fee to be used for mulch. If you don’t have a truck or trailer, you may be able to borrow one from a friend or rent one in your area.
When the pile gets to be more than a few pickup loads worth, a good DIY option is a green waste dumpster. Dumpsters can be brought to your home and conveniently placed for you to fill up with your yard debris. These are specifically for green waste like tree limbs and shrub trimmings and nothing else should be added to them. If you’re going to put other trash into that dumpster, you’ll want to get a regular waste dumpster instead.
Get Good Supplies
- Tarps – When loading yard debris, tarps can be very helpful for transporting piles of branches. Just be sure not to overload the tarp so that you can still move the tarp with the help of a second person to dump or load it.
- Gloves – Yard debris can be very prickly and physical. Be sure to wear good, thick gloves to protect your hands while you are picking things up and loading them.
- Rake – You’ll want to make sure you clean up the little debris when you’re done too. Leaves and small twigs are easier to grab when they are piled up together.
- Chain saw – In some cases, depending on what you need to be removed, you may need a chain saw to make the pieces smaller and easier to transport
- Small garbage can, tube, or garbage bags – Depending on availability, you may want to use any of these or a combination of them to pick up all the little stuff so prevent it from blowing around as you move it to your vehicle or dumpster
- Water – Remember to stay hydrated while doing yard work, especially if it’s a hot day and you’re in the sunshine.
- Physical strength – The only other thing you need now is to get to work! You’ve got to load your piles into the dumpster or vehicle so they will disappear forever so it’s just going to be a bit of stooping, twisting, turning, and throwing now to get everything cleaned up.
Are you reading all this and suddenly filled with dread? Don’t have all these supplies and don’t want to buy them? Lack the time, vehicle, or interest to do all this yourself?
Call in the yard debris removal pros in Hamilton County! Junk Masters is happy to come and take away your yard debris in a quick and efficient way. We have everything needed to get the job done. From old firewood piles to freshly fallen limbs, just send us a few photos of your yard debris pile at 317-456-2055 and we can give you an estimate.
We are a local, family-owned business based in Fishers, Indiana, and we’d love to help you reclaim your garden space.